Larry Roth – Managing Partner
Larry Roth is Managing Partner of RLR Strategic Partners, where he works closely with senior management teams, boards of directors and advisory boards across the wealth management space to deliver high-impact strategic growth plans, as well as plan execution support.
In addition to strategic planning, Mr. Roth also provides comprehensive M&A advisory solutions, delivered in association with Berkshire Global Advisors, a leading global boutique investment bank focused on mergers & acquisitions for the financial services sector.
On a highly selective basis, Mr. Roth also serves on the boards of directors as well as advisory boards for leading organizations in the wealth management industry, encompassing the following:
- Advisory Board Chairman of Haven Tower Group, the top strategic public relations and marketing agency for the wealth management space
- Member of the Board of Directors of Oppenheimer & Co., Inc., the global full-service brokerage and investment bank
- Member of the Board of Directors of Clark Capital Management Group, an independent asset manager providing institutional quality strategies to individual investors, corporations, foundations and endowment plans
- Advisory Board Member for CAIS, a financial technology firm that connects financial advisors with innovative retail alternative investment solutions
- Editorial Advisory Board Member for Real Assets Adviser, a leading industry media outlet for the retail alternative assets and wealth management space that is owned by Institutional Real Estate, Inc.
With three decades of experience in the wealth management industry, Mr. Roth serves RLR’s clients by leveraging the expertise and relationships built over time as a CEO of some of the largest independent firms in the industry; a current and past Board member of widely respected public and private entities; an investment banker who has structured dozens of value-creating transactions; and an entrepreneur who has personally acquired early-stage retail financial advice businesses, and grown them to achieve highly successful liquidity events.
Mr. Roth previously served as CEO of AIG Advisor Group, as well as CEO of Cetera Financial Group, two of the nation’s largest networks of independent financial advice firms, encompassing thousands of independent wealth management practices across the country.
He has also served as a past Managing Director of Berkshire Global Advisors, and remains affiliated with the firm today as a Senior Advisor.
Mr. Roth first entered the wealth management industry as an entrepreneur when he personally acquired Vestax, a Hudson, Ohio-based full-service independent broker-dealer that he grew and successfully sold to ING Group in 1997.
Over the years, he has received numerous industry awards and recognition, including being named multiple times to the “IA 25,” a list of the top 25 most influential individuals in the investment advisory space published by Investment Advisor magazine, a top industry publication.
A CPA who began his professional career with Deloitte and an attorney by training, Mr. Roth received his J.D. from the University of Detroit’s School of Law and a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University. He also graduated from the Owner / President Management Program at Harvard University’s Graduate School of Business Administration. He holds Series 7, 24, 63 and 79 FINRA registrations.
Mr. Roth, who is a Forbes contributor and a member of the Forbes Finance Council, is a frequently quoted thought leader across national and wealth management industry-focused press outlets.